Canopy Tour Guides
We are looking for qualified Tour Guides who love to be outdoors and are knowledgeable at facilitating high adventure programs. To apply, please Click Here! To fill out your application online.
Essential Duties Responsibilities:
• Safe facilitation of the High Adventure activities at Canaan
• Ensures all course operations are conducted in accordance with Canaan High Adventure safety standards
• Deliver exemplary customer service to all guest
• Monthly skills assessments and on going trainings
• Conduct Daily inspections of equipment and activity area
• Properly fit all guest in safety equipment (ie: PFD, Harness, Helmet, etc)
• Conduct Pre Trip Orientations for guest
• Provide information about the course, ecology and history
• Preform rescues as needed in activity area.
• Help with course enhancement and maintenance as needed
• Preferred 1 year of college or technical school. Minimum a High School Diploma or equivalent
• Guiding experience in adventure tours preferred
• Must pass initial guide training
• Must pass a monthly skills assessment
• Current First Aid and CPR certifications or willing to obtain upon hiring
• Must posses solid judgment skills
• Ability to communicate and work as an effective team member
• Ability to work long hours and irregular shifts in a multi task environment
• Speaks fluent English and uses cordial manners
• Ability to learn new skills and apply feedback as given
• Family and kid friendly: experience working with kids is preferred
Physical abilities required:
• Must have ability to perform work at height
• Must be able to perform all technical rescue associated with the canopy tour, high ropes course and/or water based rescues as required.
• Full range of overhead arm motions to pull two people along cable
• This position may require walking and standing for long period of times in all weather conditions
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs
• Must be competent swimmer (for Kayak guides only).
• Able to speak in front of large groups effectively
• Must maintain a high level of personal hygiene