5 Things you can do to prepare for your Zipline Canopy Tour
November 2, 2019
Whether you are a seasoned zipline professional or it’s your first time, ziplining takes some preparation.
Here are 5 things you can do to prepare for your visit to Canaan Zipline Canopy Tour:
- So your tour is booked, now what? Go ahead and check your email and view the confirmation. This email will give you important details and tips on how to make the most of your treetop adventure.
- Sign your waivers before hand. In the confirmation email, you will receive a link to our waiver. You can text or email this link to your friends and family to get the paperwork taken care of beforehand. It’s worth noting that safety is our biggest priority! Pro-tip: if this is for a birthday party or event at which there may be minors, make sure to have their guardian sign this beforehand. Not having this document would result in the minor not participating.
- Check the weather. Ultimately your lead guide will make the call on the weather, however, it is nice to know if it’s going to be 80 and sunny or 45 and rainy.
- After you have checked the weather, plan to wear the appropriate clothes for ziplining:
- If it’s warm and sunny, we recommend comfortable shorts that cover your knees so the harness doesn’t irritate your skin. Also, wear a dri-fit or breathable shirt. These shirts are great because a little bit of sweat and some wind from the canopy tour results in a thing we like to call “natural A/C.”
- If it’s cold and rainy, make sure you have some “long johns” or baselayer bottoms and a top that will help keep your core warm. Down jackets or fleece are great lightweight options that provide great mobility and added insulation. Bring a rain jacket or windbreaker to pack it all in tight.
- This last step is a huge help to us at Canaan Zipline Canopy Tour… Ensure that you and your guests arrive 30 minutes prior to your tour time so that we can be up in the air and zipping right on time. Before getting up on the zipline we’ll give you a comprehensive overview of the safety harness and crucial instructions like how to slow down and brake.
We hope these have been helpful tidbits for you and we are excited to have you at The Canaan Zipline Canopy Tour!
Friday - Sunday | 10 a.m. & 2 p.m.
Full Tour - $89, 3 Hours | Bootleg Tour - $65, 1.5 hours
3111 Sand Island Road Rock Hill, SC 29732