How do I know this zipline is safe?
Participant safety is our number one concern at Canaan Zipline Canopy Tour. We go above and beyond the standards that are set in our industry by ANSI/ACCT. Our zipline course was built by the vendor Signature Research. They are professionals in building challenge courses and ziplines all over the world. Here are some of the steps we take to ensure course safety before any participant rides our zipline. It is important to understand that ziplines are dynamic elements, meaning that they change with season, weather, pressure and many other variables, so we take these steps to make sure our elements are the safest they can be, given that ziplining is inherently dangerous.
- Every year, Signature visits our canopy tour and does an into depth inspection of the course noting of things we need to add or change based on the standards of the ANSI/ACCT.
- Quarterly, our Adventure Manager does the same detailed inspection on all of the elements taking special note of tasks to upkeep the course.
- At the start of each day, our guides puts hands on all of the bolts and lines in the element to ensure safety and security of the elements for your tour.
- After the lines have been cleared for safety, our guides are the first to ride them before the start of your tour.
- Following the success your tour, the guides debrief the tours of the day and make note of any thing that need to be looked at in the future.
These are just of the ways we work to ensure course safety at the Canaan Zipline Canopy Tour. We hope that this has helped educate you on the process that we go through and has also eased your mind before you come and zip with us!
3111 Sand Island Road Rock Hill, SC 29732