We are looking for qualified Tour Guides who love to be outdoors and are knowledgeable at facilitating high adventure programs.
Essential Duties Responsibilities
• Safe facilitation of the High Adventure activities at Canaan
• Ensures all course operations are conducted in accordance with Canaan High Adventure safety standards
• Deliver exemplary customer service to all guest
• Monthly skills assessments and on going trainings
• Conduct Daily inspections of equipment and activity area
• Properly fit all guest in safety equipment (ie: PFD, Harness, Helmet, etc)
• Conduct Pre Trip Orientations for guest
• Provide information about the course, ecology and history
• Preform rescues as needed in activity area.
• Help with course enhancement and maintenance as needed
• Preferred 1 year of college or technical school. Minimum a High School Diploma or equivalent
• Guiding experience in adventure tours preferred
• Must pass initial guide training
• Must pass a monthly skills assessment
• Current First Aid and CPR certifications or willing to obtain upon hiring
• Must posses solid judgment skills
• Ability to communicate and work as an effective team member
• Ability to work long hours and irregular shifts in a multi task environment
• Speaks fluent English and uses cordial manners
• Ability to learn new skills and apply feedback as given
• Family and kid friendly: experience working with kids is preferred
Physical abilities required
• Must have ability to perform work at height
• Must be able to perform all technical rescue associated with the canopy tour, high ropes course and/or water based rescues as required.
• Full range of overhead arm motions to pull two people along cable
• This position may require walking and standing for long period of times in all weather conditions
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs
• Must be competent swimmer (for Kayak guides only).
• Able to speak in front of large groups effectively
• Must maintain a high level of personal hygiene
3111 Sand Island Road Rock Hill, SC 29732