Prepare For Your Tour
- PLEASE ARRIVE 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR SCHEDULE TOUR TIME
- Upon arrival please lock all belongings in your car.
- Please use the restroom before your scheduled tour time.
- Turn in your signed release form.
- Please have planned for your scheduled Canopy Tour to take three to three and half hours and your Bootleg tours to take one and half to two hours.
- Get ready to have fun!
- Tour Requirements/Restrictions
- Participants must weigh between 75 – 265 pounds
- Must be in moderate to good health and be able to walk a mile
- Must sign a Canopy Tour Release Form (if under 18 years old, you must have the signature of a parent or legal guardian)
- Cannot be pregnant
- Cannot be under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Cannot have ongoing or recent injuries permitting regular recreational activity
- Cannot have epilepsy or seizure disorders
- Cannot have major heart conditions that may require immediate emergency action
- Appropriate Dress
- Dress appropriately for whatever weather conditions you will be zipping in. We operate the tour in almost any weather condition so if rain is predicted please bring appropriate water-proof clothing- you’ll be way more comfortable!
- Wear clothes that are not loose fitting. If your clothes are loose there is a chance that it could get caught in the zip device.
- You are required to wear closed toed shoes with socks and shorts that are a minimum of 8 in.
- What to Bring
- Appropriate clothing
- Required medications (inhalers, EPI-pens, etc.)
- Glasses (straps are encouraged)
- Cameras are permitted but make sure that they can fit in your pocket. Remember that we are not held liable if they are dropped or damaged during the tour.
- What to Leave Behind
- PLEASE DO NOT BRING BACKPACKS, FANNY PACKS, SANDALS OF ANY KIND, OR WEAR A LARGE BELT BUCKLE.
- Tipping Policy
Tipping is appreciated but not required. A tip is a great way to show your guide that you had a great time and that they did a great job.
- Cancellation Policy
Here at Canaan we desire everyone to have a quality experience zipping through the trees. All guides and staff are scheduled according to bookings made in advance. Therefore, we require a 7-day notice for all cancellations and rescheduling of tours and 15 days for groups of 10 or more. Participants who fail to show for a reservation or cancel without proper notice (email, written, or confirmed phone call) will not receive any refund. Cancellations made before seven days of your scheduled event (15 days for groups of 10 or more) will receive a full refund less a 15% non-refundable processing fee. A credit card is required to book a tour and full-payment is made at that time. Refunds will only be processed through a credit card transaction.
- Weather Cancellations
Canaan Zipline Canopy Tour operates rain or shine. Please review our What to Bring list to come prepared. In the event of severe weather (lightning or high winds), we may cancel your tour. In this circumstance our policy is to issue a rain check or a full refund. Rescheduling will be the responsibility of the participant who booked the tour. In the event of cancellation during your tour, either a full or partial refund, depending on where you are at on the course at the time that the call is made, will be made.
- Late Arrivals
It is imperative that all participants arrive at least 30 minutes before their scheduled tour time. Tours depart on time. No refunds will be issued for late arrivals unless it is a medical emergency.